One of the good things about #stayinghome is that we’ve got a little garden going in our front yard. Our Japanese eggplants and our tomatoes have been VERY productive so far!
My current eggplant obsession is this Roasted Ratatouille. It’s so easy that I keep making it again and again, and so yummy that we eat it all up every time! The best part is that you can use up the summer veggies that might have gotten a little “past their prime” since everything gets roasted till it’s soft anyhow.
Here’s how I’ve been making it:
- Japanese eggplant, sliced fairly thick
- Zucchini, cut into half-moons
- Onion, cut into thin wedges
- Tomatoes – either cut into wedges or you can use cherry or grape tomatoes, just slice them in half
- Sweet peppers (or bell peppers) of whatever color you like, cut into strips or chunks
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Toss together on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Roast at 400°F for about an hour, stirring occasionally
Remove from the oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar (I like Trader Joe’s) and top with fresh basil.
We like to make this a meal with tortellini and sometimes even bocconcini – YUM!